This week I’m going to continue on with my favorite things in the baking world-cupcakes! I not only love to bake cupcakes, but I also enjoy making them look pretty. It’s fun to get creative with different decorations to jazz your cupcakes up, and today I’m going to show you one of my favorite decorations to use-chocolate candies!
What’s nice about using chocolate candies to make decorations for cupcakes it that you can use them to create basically whatever design you would like. It’s as simple as melting the chocolate, putting it in a piping bag and doodling whatever your heart desires on parchment paper.
Follow these steps below to learn how!
- Sketch out a design on parchment paper first with pencil to correct any errors, and then trace over with a sharpie so you can see your design clearly through another piece of parchment paper that you will be piping your actual design on. I chose a monogram, a dachshund (my ultimate obsession) and a heart. To make your own monogram, watch this video. For the other designs I just googled stencils for them!
- Melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between. I always use the Wilton Candy Melt’s. You can get them at your typical craft store like Michael’s or Hobby Lobby and there’s a variety of different colors to choose from.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour chocolate into a piping bag with a small holed piping tip.
- Place a second piece of parchment paper over your designs and secure with a knife or any other heavy object so the paper won’t move while you’re applying your design.
- Carefully pipe out your designs! When you’re done with one design, just move the paper over to create another stencil.
- Allow your designs to harden by placing them in the freezer or refrigerator for at least 5 minutes.
- Carefully lift up the design with a knife.
- Place on top of cupcakes and wow your friends and family with your fun decorations!